Monday, January 1, 2007

Game Recap: 12/31 @ Peoria (Loss 3-2)

For the second year in a row, the Bulldogs visited Peoria for a New Year's Eve tilt with the Rivermen. And, for a second year straight, they were beat. However, this time was much closer than last year (which I think was 5-1 or something) and the team almost came back to tie it in the 3rd period. The final: 3-2 for Peoria.

Funny statistical point about this game - all of the goals scored were on the power play. So not only did the Bulldogs meandering (but improving) power play manage to notch two goals, but their far superior penalty kill gave up three goals. I think that's the first time they have given up more than one since the beginning of December. Yikes.

Since the P2P price of $6 a game to watch on the internet is too much for me (I'm cheap), I like to listen to away games on the radio. After tuning into the Bulldogs web feed at 5:40 to get the pre-game show, I soon realized there were problems over at 820 CHAM (who were still playing crappy commercial country music like they regularly do when it's not time for the Bulldogs). I soon found the Peoria feed for the game and tuned into it and all I can say about it is wow. Unbelieveable.

Did the Peoria radio station just find their announcers 10 minutes before the game? Had these guys ever watched a hockey game before doing their broadcast last night. They were BRUTAL, some of the worst sports broadcasting I have ever heard. Or maybe we're just spoiled here in Hamilton because the Bulldogs broadcast team is so good,

3 comments:

TheJudge said...

Sean,
Were they really that bad? If I had a computer, at home, this would make me want to listen in. Derek may talk a lot about other things(over the game) but he's still pretty good.
Good luck on your blog.

SPalmerston said...

Oh, it was not Derek that was bad. I really enjoy the Hamilton Bulldogs radio broadcasts, this was in regards to the Peoria radio broadcast that I tuned into.

This Peoria broadcast team was just horrible!

TheJudge said...

It's the Peoria crew I meant.
Derek does have a rambling problem, though! Off on a tangent while the game is going on behind him.