Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Did you watch the AHL All-Star Game?

If you did, you can count yourself as one of the 71,000 people in Canada that did see the game that evening.

There were apparently 7839 people at the Ricoh Coliseum for the game (according to television reports I watched) and I found out that Rogers Sportsnet had 63,000 viewers tune into the programme across the country.

Now this might not seem like an absolutely great number, but when you consider they were going up against a Montreal/Boston game on TSN, Prison Break on Global, Ken Dryden's jersey retirement followed by Doctor Who on CBC and Corner Gas on CTV then suddenly that's a pretty respectable number on a Monday night.

Halak played the first and looked decent, allowing 2 goals. Kostitsyn had a few shots and was -2 I think. Whatever.

I don't like All-Star games. I think they are sort of silly and a waste of time, but I watched and can be counted in as one of he 63,000 viewers.

How about you?

No comments: